Tuesday 11 January 2011

Exercising restraint is an odd sort of thing.

The biggest problem today wasn't related to food, drink, sex or any other typical temptation. Today I had to resist the urge for Disco.

An explanation is in order...

I got my hands on the lighting rig at work. Management were rehearsing an open evening presentation. I had control of a grand total of four lights. Two were purple. Exciting stuff.

You know when you get an idea in your head that makes you laugh? Like, really laugh? The sort of idea that makes you smirk to yourself uncontrollably until you realise you look mental. Know the feeling? That happened.

I got away with it (I think) but I couldn't shake the idea.

How great would it be, in the middle of speeches about academic options and the gravity of course choices, to take everyone by surprise with a spontaneous disco??

Go mad on the lighting, hijack the PA and rock out, regardless of staff reaction. Mint.

The main problem, was that it was actually within my power to do it.

But willpower overcame one more. The world is safe from my dangerous disco. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment