Wednesday 19 January 2011

Saw this girl on the metro. She was pretty. Really pretty.

Being in a state of seemingly terminal single-ness, this sort of thought occupies most of my day all year round. But this girl... wasn't different as such (as long as you can happily discount dreadlocks and a very individual dress sense from "different"), but more holistically attractive if that makes sense.

Pretty was definitely the word to describe her. Borderline beautiful, but more grounded in the real world than that classical kind of beauty you get.

Anyway, I felt like a complete creep. Still do writing this now! I was standing fairly close to her and I just couldn't take my eyes off her. Cliched as hell! I kept telling myself "just one more glance then I'll stare at the adverts as usual", but then she caught my eye and smiled. There should be laws against a smile like that.

Nothing came of it, in the typical fashion of repressed romantics everywhere, but now I fixate on the possibility of bumping into her again.

By then, I will have built up an ideal personality for her which she will recklessly smash by talking about her love of fox hunting and leather couches. She probably even likes Will Ferrell.

No comments:

Post a Comment